What is xAPI Camp?
xAPI Camp is our signature event which brings people together across all industries and disciplines to learn about xAPI. And just like summer camp, you’ll leave with a new community of friends that can offer continued support as you head back into the real world.
What's xAPI Camp like?
How can I get involved?
Why should I come to an xAPI Camp?
You’ll be the office hero for being part of a really kickass event with real outcomes. Bring your questions and ideas, and you’ll take away answers, next steps and questions for your team that will lead to actionable answers.
Is every xAPI Camp the same?
Each xAPI Camp has its own focus. As a participant, you’ll help focus the activities and topics before the event takes place. It’s your day, it’s your camp. So you (and your fellow participants) inform how we all spend it together.
- Philadelphia (September, 2017)
- Glasgow (September 20-22, 2017)
- DevLearn (October 23-24, 2017)
We love our sponsors. You engage the xAPI Community. You help develop the market appetite for xAPI, growing an industry that can impact more than just Learning & Development.
2017 xAPI Camps
These xAPI Camps will be run by MakingBetter this year and open for sponsorship here.
- Philadelphia (September, 2017)
- DevLearn (October 23 AND 24, 2017) <-- two day event!
What are the sponsorship options?
There are two ways we can do this. The easy way, or the slightly less easy but still pretty easy way.
- Sponsorship Package ($7000): the xAPI Quarterly and two xAPI Camps (run by MakingBetter). You can choose which two camps as they are added to our schedule. What you will get:
- Your logo on the xAPI Quarterly for one year. You will also have the option to write one case study or best practice article each quarter.
- Supporter level sponsorship to two MakingBetter xAPI Camps. This includes 1 registration for each event and your logo on the webpage and all xAPI Camp materials and communications for attendees related to each event.
- To save $1,000 (compared to sponsoring each individually)
- Individual xAPI Camps. Each xAPI Camp run by MakingBetter has it's own sponsorship levels (depending on location, space, etc.) Tell us which camp(s) you are looking to sponsor and we can send you all the details.
- The xAPI Quarterly. Your logo will be displayed on the xAPI Quarterly site for one year. You will also have the option to write one case study or best practice article each quarter.
xAPI Camp Your Way
If you would like to run an xAPI Camp for your customers, we can do that! We know how hard it can be to get the right people in the room and set the stage for action. MakingBetter will allow you to license the xAPI Camp name and model for your event. This license costs $2800 and includes the following:
- Use of the xAPI Camp name, branding and core presentation materials
- Recognition as an xAPI Camp on our site
- Guidance on using the xAPI Camp model
In addition to licensing the camp, MakingBetter can support you in the following activities:
- Event Planning and Logistics
This sounds great. How to do I apply?
Just answer a few questions and we'll be in touch. It shouldn’t take more than a few minutes.
Round up your colleagues, clients, and vendors and host your own xAPI Camp. We’re excited to now offer our proven (and fun) 1-day xAPI Camp model, licensed to you and tailored to your needs. If you’re looking to relive your 1982 capture the flag victory, this probably isn’t the right camp for you. But if you’re looking for a good time learning about the possibilities of xAPI, you’ve come to the right place.
Why should I organize an xAPI Camp?
You’ll be the office hero for hosting a really kickass event with real outcomes. The name recognition of xAPI Camp will help fill seats. (We know, it’s not a popularity contest, but being popular certainly helps.) We can help you run the event or simply license the xAPI Camp model to you. If you purchase the license, we’re open to (in fact, we encourage it) you finding sponsors to foot the bill so you get more bang for less buck.
I have some ideas…how do I customize xAPI Camp?
Each xAPI Camp has its own focus. As the organizer, you’ll get to decide that focus by helping choose the activities and topics of your event. Who you invite, whether it’s public or private, and how you market it is also up to you. And since this is your camp, you’ll also have rights to the event content. So you get to decide how (and if) you distribute it.