IEEE, or the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through IEEE’s highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
The Experience API (xAPI, often referred to as “Tin Can API”) has a presence in IEEE as a Study Group sponsored by yours truly within the Learning Technologies Standards Committee. Which means, basically, that the group in IEEE that shepherds standards around learning technologies (Learning Object Metadata, as an example) is gearing up to make xAPI a standard. This page will keep you updated on the activity for the IEEE xAPI Study Group.
The State of xAPI: Tools Survey
We have a short survey available for all tool makers to better understand how xAPI is being adopted, and where it’s not being adopted, we want to better understand the reasons behind it. If you make tools, fill it out.
The survey results are in! Access the .csv dataset on GitHub.
Wednesday, May 21 – Interview with Christine Perey – Augmented RealityDue to technical issues, this will be rescheduled
- August 19-20 – Connections: xAPI – North America (Chicago, IL)
- September 3-4 – Connections: xAPI – Europe (London, UK)
- Thursday, May 29 – Interview with Jono Poltrack, ADL – Competencies
- Tuesday, May 13 – Interview with Allen Rodgers, Pearson
- Wednesday, April 30 – Interview with Chris Benes, RVIBE
- Wednesday, March 26 – Reviewing the process of going from a Study Group to a Project in IEEE
- Wednesday, March 12 – First Meeting and Questions
- Monday, February 24 – IEEE xAPI Study Group Kickoff